Last Sunday, I attended a wedding party again. I have started to admit that in this stage of my life, I would receive a lot of wedding invitation from friends. Old friend, new friends, long last friend, or just somebody that I used to know (please don’t sing. Please. Thank you). However, I should admit, last time I did enjoy the wedding party as a wedding party. I couldn’t remember when the last time I have felt that way, but last wedding party was an awesome experience for me.
I used to go to a wedding party because I wanted to meet up with friends, or sometimes I went because I would feel terrible if I missed an invitation just because I was too lazy. But, this time, not only that I was more than willing to come, I really enjoyed the whole procession.
It wasn’t the biggest, the grandest party I have been gone to. In fact, it was rather small considering the family background of my friend. But there is something changed in my state of mind, and it said that this wedding party is not the beginning of a sad story of an end of freedom, or a legalisation of sexual activity. I saw this as… romantic.
Maybe I have been infected by this girly disease.
I started to wonder how my own wedding party would be. I started to ask around what kind of thing I could do to make my wedding party enjoyable, not only by me but also for the guests, I started to wonder how many people my parents would invite, not that I care about it, but I wonder if there is a place in Solo that could accommodate it. Mind you, my father has lots of friends outside our family circle. And my mum’s family is not a small family either.
I started to wonder what songs would be on my wedding playlist. And wonder if any good band could play “Wonderwall” at my wedding. I might have to admit to Mr. Fix-It that I have become mad. But I am quite sure he wouldn’t mind with that kind of madness.
Maybe it’s hormone. Maybe I am in denial.
I don’t know, but for now it is feeling good.
So, here’s a bit of the list of song I want in my wedding. ( and also the list of song I don’t want).
- Wonderwall – Oasis
- Brighter than Sunshine – Aqualung
- You and Me – LIfehouse
- All I Want Is You – U2
- Stand By Me – Oasis
- Lovely Rita – The Beatles
- I Will – The Beatles
- When I Am Sixty Four – The Beatles
- Guilty – Blue
- If – Bread
- Crazy – Aerosmith
- Amazing – Aerosmith
- Yellow – Coldplay
- You Give Me Something – James Morrison
- Built To Last – Melee
- Everything – Michael Buble
- Call Me Irresponsible – Michael Buble
- To Be With You – Mr. Big
- If I Had A Gun – Noel Gallagher High Flying Birds
- She’s Electric – Oasis
And much more. I could mention a hundred. But would it take a hundred? No I don’t think so. Now the song I don’t want in my wedding:
- Canon In D – Pachelbell (or whoever covering it)
- Beautiful In White – I don’t know who sings this but I heard it a lot
- Marry You – Bruno Mars
- Tak Sebebas Merpati – Kahitna
- Anything Rihanna
- Pernikahan Dini – It’s just irrelevant
- L. O. V. E – Nat King Cole
- another L O V E but the RnB version
- From This Moment – Shania Twain
- Close To You – The Carpenters
- I Wanna Hold Your Hands – The Beatles ( I do love the beatles… but…)
- Thank God I Found You – Mariah Carey (and other Mariah Carey-ey songs except Always Be My Baby, but it has to be sung in Dave Cook version, thank you)
- A Thousand Years – Christina Perri (please.. don’t)
- Glen Fredly’s Songs
- Creep – Radiohead (Well I do want it on my wedding but it just sound wrong..)
I am thinking for the rest >_<