This is the time of the year again. I can’t believe that it is already the end of the year, and I have to say that I am very much embarrassed with what I have achieved this year — which is not much. I should admit.
Usually, I would start from reviewing my new year resolution and see how close I am to the target. But unusually, I did not make any new year resolution this year — something that I deeply regret. I found that setting a target in the beginning of the year has helped me to focus on doing what I want to do. It kept me on the right track, and I wish that next year (which would come soon) I would be able to do it again.
This year, there are so many things happening. For example:
- Mr. Fix-It has started a new job. It is a much better job from the last one, especially because now he has got to do something he’s been dreaming of doing for a very long time. I am so proud of him.
- The council decided to give us a new kitchen, so to celebrate it, we bought for ourselves a nice little new oven cooker. I am not the queen of the new kitchen. We so love this new kitchen. Unfortunately, when our kitchen was renovated, one of the electrician tripped our fuse, and blew our freview box. Guess what? We have spent the whole year without watching live tv and survived easily.
- I went back to Indonesia for a visit, because my sister is married. Reminds me of one wedding in Germany that I sadly had to miss out in Summer this year 😦 I still feel so bad about it.
And, what have I achieve this year?
- I have job in a charity organisation. I don’t want to give to much information about the charity and also my role in the job, not only because of how personal it is for me, but also because of the professionalism of my job. But I do love my charity work, and it has given me the sense of achievement. I would love to keep doing it.
- I have got a job that is not in a charity organisation. Again, I don’t like talking about this either, mainly because I have been told by the company to be really careful about what I am saying online about their company. So I would rather not talking about it at all, than saying a wrong thing about them (and get sued lol).
- I made friends 🙂 Yes, I made friends online, but friends nevertheless. I wish I would have the chance to meet some of them next year.
- I started learning how to bake this year 🙂 and, I have to say I quite enjoy the activity. Of course, one year of baking would not make me the expert in baking. Not yet. But I am pretty sure if I can keep my progress, I would be able to participate in the Great British Bake Off soon :p
- I also started learning a new language. The language that I have chosen is German because I planned on going there for a wedding (which I unfortunately had to miss :() Es ist ein langsamer Fortschritt, denn Deustch ist neu für mich. Aber, Ich bin froh dass mache Fortschritt ich. Danke. I know some of German speaking readers might cringe reading what I just written, I would welcome any correction too 🙂
I unfortunately haven’t travelled as much as I wanted to, and haven’t been able to be as productive as I think I could be. But then again, without a target goal it is so easy to go astray. I apologise for a very unproductive year, to you, but mainly to myself — for being a lazy procrastinator.
I hope I would be able to post once more before the new year, but it could be a bit tricky as Mr. Fix-It and I would go to Wales to visit my father in law. So, if just in case I wouldn’t post any more entry, I would like to say:
Frohe Weihnachten 2015 und Frohe Neujahr 2016.